Kelly Bensimon has said in previous interview that being on the “Real Housewives of NYC” was like a version of the movie “Mean Girls” and rumor had it she wouldn’t return to the Bravo hit show. In fact, during the two-part reunion show it was revealed that she is the ‘housewife.’ So it comes as a surprise that the drama-packed Bensimon would love to give it another go.
“I think it would be really fun to come back for another season,” she told US magazine. “I really enjoyed all the women, I think they’re all so unique. I really enjoyed spending time with them and getting to know them.” She went on to say about her on-going feud with Bethenny Frankel: “Just because we had a moment doesn’t mean that moment continues. A moment has a beginning, a middle, an end – and it’s over. I’m like, ‘Next move.'”
So will she be back? Bravo is currently in negotiations with the six NYC housewives as a casting call is in process to look for a potential back-fill should someone not return. “I had a really great time doing it, and it’s just another adventure. Life is an adventure. You have two choices — you can sit or you can be in it. I like to be in it.”
Is Dr. George O’Malley Dead on Grey’s Anatomy
Multiple sources say that loveable T.R. Knight, who plays Dr. George O’Malley on Grey’s Anatomy, will not be returning next season. GASP! Although Knight’s departure wouldn’t come as a huge shock since there’s been rumors of unrest with the actor on the set, but Knight is still a fan favorite and it would be crushing to see him go. Not only was George flat lining at the end of the season finale, but the 36-year-old actor has said reportedly that he wanted off the hit ABC series. Knight is said to have become frustrated by his character’s lack of storyline and in December, he asked to be let out of his contract.
Knight’s BFF, Katherine Heigl, is also awaiting her fate with the show. Shonda Rhimes began contemplating an early death for Dr. Izzie Stevens after Heigl took herself out of the running for last year’s Emmys because the writers failed to give her good enough material to work with. Like George, Izzie also flatlined at the end of the season finale.
The people behind “Slumdog Millionaire” met the film’s two impoverished child stars on Wednesday and reassured them they will soon have new homes as the father of one of the children stormed out, saying the filmmakers have not done enough to help. Rafiq Qureshi, Rubina’s father, said Boyle has not done enough. “It’s no big deal for them, this kind of money. It’s been five or six months we’ve been living in such difficulty. They should help us,” he said in an interview after he cut the meeting short in anger. “After the Oscars they forgot about us,” he added. “For two months we didn’t get any money.”
Rubina Ali, 9, and Azharuddin Mohammed Ismail, 10, both lost their homes this month after city authorities demolished parts of their slum in Mumbai. Rubina has been staying with relatives and Azhar has been living in a makeshift shanty of tarps and blankets with his parents. “We’ve been trying for a long time to move them into legal accommodation,” director Danny Boyle told reporters. Relations between the filmmakers and the children’s families have grown tense since the phenomenal success of the film, which grossed more than $326 million. The filmmakers set up a trust aimed at ensuring the children get proper homes, a decent education, a monthly stipend and a nest egg when they finish high school. They have pledged to spend up to $100,000 to buy the two families new apartments and have donated $747,500 to a charity to help slum children across Mumbai.
Colson has described the trust as substantial, but will not tell anyone how much it contains, not even the children’s parents, for fear of making the youngsters vulnerable to exploitation.